Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Spadina Museum Staff Sew Ruth Wyeth Spear's Cloche

Almost a year ago, I posted this tip from Ruth Wyeth Spears for sewing a charming cloche:



Last week I was totally delighted to hear from the staff at Spadina Museum, a 1920s house museum located in Toronto. They created this hat, using Ruth's instructions, and then posted the results (complete with steps) on their Facebook page. Now is this cute or what? What a success! :D Be sure to visit their post on FB and look at all the pictures. Spadina Museum looks like a must-see if ever I can make it to Toronto!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it delightful, Emileigh? I think the result is very cute. I am inspired to attempt one myself. I really appreciate that they illustrated all their steps.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I was a bit doubtful about the cloches Spears illustrates, but these are so cute and in reality are totally do-able!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. :) You should make one to match your fabulous dress, Gabriela!

      Delete