Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Enjoying the Style of Vintage Pedal Pushers or Capris

We had a touch of spring this past weekend, with temperatures reaching the upper 60s on Sunday. Which made many pull out their sunnier clothing. Which put me in mind of capris, otherwise called pedal pushers in the 1940s and 1950s, which provide cute details that you don't see in the store-bought variety. I love the ones that add special treatments to the hemline outseams for that extra touch of spark and fun:

  • Fold-back cuffs
  • Wing cuffs
  • Sporty vents
  • Buttoned vents
  • Bound and tied vents

And of course, a pattern that includes a darling blouse along with the pedal pushers is always a bargain! Enjoy these examples:











6 comments:

  1. These are so great!!
    I think I love tham all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the wing cuffs, ties, and buttons are especially terrific. I am so glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. I love all these shorts! I'm getting ready to go on a shorts-making spree for summer, and all these details are fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer will be here before we know it, thank heavens! I love all the different lengths for shorts. I look forward to seeing what you sew up, Emileigh. :)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog, and I love it! I have the first pattern pictured for sale in my Etsy shop.

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you love my blog, Ivy! And what is the name of your Etsy shop, Ivy? I am happy to add a link to the pattern in your shop - the more access to patterns the more people sew these great vintage styles. :) I have some of the these patterns in my shop and the rest are ones that I have sold.

      Delete