Friday, July 26, 2013

Before and After Hit Parade: Cute 1940s Summer Frock

Seamstress: Emily in Australia
Pattern: Du Barry 5833

Here is the pattern, Du Barry 5833, from 1944 and the war years. Such a classic style, this frock has a swing skirt, square neckline, and a lightly bloused bodice with short sleeves and the option to go sleeveless:



The result:


Emily picked a gorgeous color for this frock, and is true to the short-sleeve version. Lovely flare and a perfect length. So flattering, and a lovely result! And I think I spy her cat (named Lamp) in the mirror! ;). Speaking of her cat, Emily has her own shop on Etsy, Lamp's Little Luxuries, where she sells beautiful hand-knitted accessories, so be sure to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen!

    This dress was the first ever dress I have made and I enjoyed it so much - I've made so many more. Lamp helped by sitting on the fabric and left fluff everywhere! I had to take a break from knitting and now I can't stop sewing! All I have to learn now is to alter sizes (making them smaller is hard). There is so much more stitching to do!

    Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete